- Cartier Ring Lost in Lake
- A lady was taking a walk with her dog in a park in
Kent. She threw a stick in the lake for her dog to fetch, when "ploop" her
ring came off her damp finger into the water. She contacted a local
boatman to locate a diver who put her in touch with me. However the local
council would not allow me to dive the lake for some red tape reason or
another so I had to come up with a plan B.
- I contacted and old friend of mine "Digger Barnes"
who is always up for one of my crazy days out and told him my plan.
- We got an old plastic garden sieve as a metal one
would be picked up by the detector and tied into an old car inner tube.
- The next piece of sophisticated equipment
was a pair of fencing callipers. These were needed as the water was too deep
to bend and dig. I had to wear the control box of my detector around my neck
for the same reason. I would locate a signal and with my foot I would mark
the spot while Digger would scoop out the silt and into the sieve.
- After about three hours and many ring pulls, nails &
other metallic trash later, the glint of gold came through the silt in the
- I felt like an old prospector panning for gold and
had found our first nugget.
- The ring was a tri coloured gold Russian puzzle
wedding band made by Cartier. The idea of the puzzle was that if a woman
took off her ring she would not be able to put it back again and the husband
could question why.
- The lady was over the moon that I had found her
ring, and with a few twists and turns the ring was back on her finger.
So much for the puzzle idea!
- Digger and I at the lakeside showing off our find.
- The ring was out a lot further
Well That's the end of another crazy adventure.
Contact us if you have an idea for a search or an adventure.